food interaction for LAMICTAL
alcohol interaction for LAMICTAL
pregnancy interaction for LAMICTAL
lactation interaction for LAMICTAL
medicine interaction for LAMICTAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LAMICTAL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR LAMICTAL XR 200MG TABLET
Patients taking LAMICTAL XR 200MG TABLET
- 77%Once A Day
- 23%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR LAMICTAL
- LAMEZ OD 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 36.30/tabletRs. 363pay 45% more per tablet
- LAMITOR 200 MG OD TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 32.80/tabletRs. 328pay 31% more per tablet
- LAMETEC OD 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 30/tabletRs. 300pay 20% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR LAMICTAL
- Do not start lamotrigine and consult your doctor if have kidney problems, Parkinson’s disease (movement disorder) have had rash or meningitis after taking lamotrigine or any medicines for epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
- Ask for medical advice if you get suicidal thoughts, frequency of fits increases or worsens, or if you suffer from allergic reaction, life-threatening skin reaction, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious, widespread, allergic reaction with a rash involving the skin and internal lining of the organs), extensive peeling of skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis), ulcers in mouth, throat or genitals, sore mouth, red or swollen eyes, high temperature, flu like symptoms, drowsiness, swelling around face, swollen glands in neck, unexpected bleeding or bruising, sore throat, increased liver enzymes, increased white blood cells, reduced red blood cells, enlarged lymph after taking lamotrigine.
- Lamotrigine is not a recommended treatment for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you feel well as lamotrigine can cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking lamotrigine until your doctor advises to do so and do not stop it abruptly.
Frequently asked questions FOR LAMICTAL
Q. Is lamotrigine safe or dangerous?
Lamotrigine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is lamotrigine a narcotic, benzo, antipsychotic, depression?
Lamotrigine is not narcotic, benzo. Lamotrigine can be used to treat psychosis and depression
Q. Is lamotrigine a benzodiazepine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor?
Lamotrigine is not a benzodiazepine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q. Is lamotrigine the same as Lamictal?
Lamictal is the brand name of lamotrigine
Q. Can lamotrigine be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), paracetamol (Tylenol), alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, Nyquil, Benadryl or Mucinex?
Lamotrigine when taken with ibuprofen, benadryl, tramadol, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, alprazolam, gabapentin, Nyquil or guaifenesin (Mucinex) can lead to increased side effect
Q. Does lamotrigine get you high, cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction or tremors?
Lamotrigine can cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and tremors.