Medicine Overview of Lamictal Tablet SR
Uses of Lamictal Tablet SR
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet is used in seizures and mania.
Side effects of Lamictal Tablet SR
Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Joint pain, Dizziness, Back pain, Irritability, Weight loss, Agitation, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Tremor.
How to use Lamictal Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Lamictal Tablet SR works
Lamictal xr 200mg tablet is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lamictal Tablet SR
Expert advice for Lamictal Tablet SR
- Do not start lamotrigine and consult your doctor if have kidney problems, Parkinson’s disease (movement disorder) have had rash or meningitis after taking lamotrigine or any medicines for epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
- Ask for medical advice if you get suicidal thoughts, frequency of fits increases or worsens, or if you suffer from allergic reaction, life-threatening skin reaction, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious, widespread, allergic reaction with a rash involving the skin and internal lining of the organs), extensive peeling of skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis), ulcers in mouth, throat or genitals, sore mouth, red or swollen eyes, high temperature, flu like symptoms, drowsiness, swelling around face, swollen glands in neck, unexpected bleeding or bruising, sore throat, increased liver enzymes, increased white blood cells, reduced red blood cells, enlarged lymph after taking lamotrigine.
- Lamotrigine is not a recommended treatment for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you feel well as lamotrigine can cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking lamotrigine until your doctor advises to do so and do not stop it abruptly.
Special precautions for Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Mezolam 7.5mg Injection, Medzol 1mg Injection, Anzilum 0.5mg Tablet, Anxil 25mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Lamotrigine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lamictal 200mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Lamotrigine
Lamictal is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Lamictal is not narcotic, benzo. Lamictal can be used to treat psychosis and depression
Lamictal is not a benzodiazepine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Lamictal is the brand name of Lamictal
Q. Can lamotrigine be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), paracetamol (Tylenol), alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, Nyquil, Benadryl or Mucinex?
Lamotrigine when taken with ibuprofen, benadryl, tramadol, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, alprazolam, gabapentin, Nyquil or guaifenesin (Mucinex) can lead to increased side effect
Q. Does Lamictal get you high, cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction or tremors?
Lamictal can cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and tremors.
User Submitted Feedback For Lamictal 200mg Tablet SR
Patients taking Lamictal XR 200mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day