Information about Progesterone
How Progesterone works
Progesterone is a progesterone (female hormone). It works on the lining of the uterus and helps to establish and maintain pregnancy in infertile women. It helps in protecting the uterus from the negative effects of oestrogen when used for the treatment of postmenopausal symptoms.
Common side effects of Progesterone
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Bloating, Uterine bleeding , Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Progesterone
Seacure OAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
DivagestJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹330 to ₹4062 variant(s)
SrgestOrdain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd
₹299 to ₹3992 variant(s)
Art-LutonShield Health Care Pvt Ltd
Mini-LutonShield Health Care Pvt Ltd
FM GestEndocard India Pvt Ltd
OngestSignova Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹3104 variant(s)
RonygestRonyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹99 to ₹2092 variant(s)
Expert advice for Progesterone
- Progesterone is used in the treatment of female infertility and as a part of hormone replacement therapy.
- It regulates menstrual cycles, treats heavy bleeding, and prevents thickening of the uterus.
- It is also used to restore menstruation in women with secondary amenorrhea (the absence of menstrual cycles).
- It should be taken without food, preferably in the evening or at bedtime.
- It may cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Progesterone affects you.
- It may cause bleeding or spotting in between menstrual periods. Let your doctor know if this occurs frequently.