Information about Sodium Valproate
Sodium valproate uses
How sodium valproate works
Sodium Valproate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of sodium valproate
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor
Available Medicine for Sodium Valproate
- ₹23 to ₹124Sanofi India Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹123Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹65Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹123Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹71Oxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹118Kivi Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹85Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹70Numed1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Valproate
- Sodium Valproate should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Do not stop using Sodium Valproate without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
- Can cause upset stomach, hair loss, weight gain, sleepiness, and tremor.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Sodium Valproate, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.