Information about Sodium Valproate
Sodium Valproate Uses
How Sodium Valproate works
Sodium Valproate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Sodium Valproate
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Coordination disorder, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Tremor, Double vision, Diarrhea, Impaired coordination, Weakness, Stomach pain, Increased appetite
Available Medicine for Sodium Valproate
ValparinSanofi India Ltd
₹23 to ₹1296 variant(s)
EncorateSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹32 to ₹1295 variant(s)
TorvateTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹24 to ₹655 variant(s)
EpivalSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹34 to ₹1292 variant(s)
NapilexMankind Pharma Ltd
NeoprateNeon Laboratories Ltd
ValoxOxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹34 to ₹703 variant(s)
VikorateKivi Labs Ltd
ValparexTheo Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹34 to ₹1255 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Valproate
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- It may cause cosmetic side effects such as increased hair growth on face, acne and thinning of hair. Talk to your doctor if this bothers you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.