Information about Sevelamer
Sevelamer is used in the treatment of High phosphate levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
How Sevelamer works
Sevelamer inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lower the phosphate levels in the blood.
Common side effects of Sevelamer
Nausea, Vomiting, Upper abdominal pain, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhea, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Sevelamer
RevlamerSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹98 to ₹1752 variant(s)
SevcarEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹5314 variant(s)
SevlarenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹235 to ₹4532 variant(s)
RenvelaSanofi India Ltd
₹46 to ₹13853 variant(s)
Acutrol CIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹177 to ₹2172 variant(s)
SevbaitPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹219 to ₹3842 variant(s)
₹133 to ₹2662 variant(s)
ForsemerMicro Labs Ltd
₹125 to ₹2572 variant(s)
AcutrolIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹280 to ₹3672 variant(s)
Foschek SWockhardt Ltd
₹342 to ₹3842 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sevelamer
- Sevelamer is used to control blood phosphate level in patients that are on dialysis treatment.
- You must take it with food and stick to the diet prescribed by your doctor.
- You may develop low levels of calcium, folic acid, and vitamins A,D,E, and K in your blood. Your doctor may prescribe supplements, if necessary.
- Avoid taking any other medicine 1 hour before or 3 hours after taking Sevelamer.
- Inform your doctor if you have nausea, vomiting, constipation, pain in the abdomen, or if you have undergone any major stomach surgery.