Information about Lamotrigine
Lamotrigine is used in the treatment of seizures and mania.
How lamotrigine works
Lamotrigine is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of lamotrigine
Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Joint pain, Dizziness, Back pain, Irritability, Weight loss, Agitation, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Tremor
Available Medicine for Lamotrigine
- ₹58 to ₹359Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹192Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹300Cipla Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹363Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹750Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹175Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹183Ipca Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹168Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹188RPG Life Sciences Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹128Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Lamotrigine
Q. Is Lamotrigine safe or dangerous?
Lamotrigine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Lamotrigine a narcotic, benzo, antipsychotic, depression?
Lamotrigine is not narcotic, benzo. Lamotrigine can be used to treat psychosis and depression
Q. Is Lamotrigine a benzodiazepine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor?
Lamotrigine is not a benzodiazepine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q. Is Lamotrigine the same as Lamictal?
Lamictal is the brand name of Lamotrigine
Q. Can lamotrigine be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), paracetamol (Tylenol), alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, Nyquil, Benadryl or Mucinex?
Lamotrigine when taken with ibuprofen, benadryl, tramadol, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, alprazolam, gabapentin, Nyquil or guaifenesin (Mucinex) can lead to increased side effect
Q. Does Lamotrigine get you high, cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction or tremors?
Lamotrigine can cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and tremors.