Information about Lamotrigine
How Lamotrigine works
Lamotrigine is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Lamotrigine
Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Dizziness, Back pain, Fatigue, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision, Double vision, Impaired coordination, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Infection
Available Medicine for Lamotrigine
LamitorTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹10 to ₹47611 variant(s)
₹18 to ₹3008 variant(s)
LamezIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20 to ₹4719 variant(s)
LamosynSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹9 to ₹2817 variant(s)
LamictalGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹43 to ₹8248 variant(s)
LamepilIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹62 to ₹2216 variant(s)
LamokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹118 to ₹2022 variant(s)
Lemz ODTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
VoltriginLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹94 to ₹1662 variant(s)
LamotemEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹42 to ₹1343 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lamotrigine
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable pain killer. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause skin rash. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice a rash, itching and peeling of skin.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the frequency of seizure.