Medicine Overview of Lalithium Tablet XR
Side effects of Lalithium Tablet XR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Lalithium Tablet XR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is to be taken with food.
How Lalithium Tablet XR works
Lalithium 400mg tablet xr works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lalithium Tablet XR
Expert advice for Lalithium Tablet XR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Lalithium for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Lalithium blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Lalithium.
- During treatment with Lalithium, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Lalithium levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Lalithium concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Lalithium levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is probably safe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR is probably safe to use in patient+more
s with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Ramihart 5mg Capsule, Olmeblu 20mg Tablet, Risperdal 3 Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Lalithium can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Lalithium for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Lalithium can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lalithium does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Patients taking Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Substitutes for Lalithium Tablet XR
Lithic 400mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Lithonex 400mg Tablet SR
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
Lithopik 400mg Tablet SR
Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lithoril 400mg Tablet SR
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Litman 400mg Tablet SR