food interaction for JOLIVEL
alcohol interaction for JOLIVEL
pregnancy interaction for JOLIVEL
lactation interaction for JOLIVEL
medicine interaction for JOLIVEL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR JOLIVEL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR JOLIVEL
- NEXITO 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.90/tabletRs. 78.96pay 16% more per tablet
- STALOPAM 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 7.85/tabletRs. 78.50pay 16% more per tablet
- REXIPRA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.90/tabletRs. 78.96pay 16% more per tablet
- FELIZ S 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.80/tabletRs. 78pay 15% more per tablet
- SZETALO 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 7.90/tabletRs. 78.96pay 16% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR JOLIVEL
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Escitalopram, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Escitalopram.
- The most common side effect seen with Escitalopram is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Escitalopram at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Escitalopram should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently asked questions FOR JOLIVEL
Q. Is escitalopram/ Nexito/ Cipralex a narcotic?
No, escitalopram / Nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram) are not narcotic substance. Escitalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor used for the treatment of depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder and panic disorder
Q. Is escitalopram / Nexito/ Cipralex addictive or habbit forming?
No, use of escitalopram /nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram) is not associated with any risk of addiction
Q. Is escitalopram a MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) or does it contain MAOI?
No, escitalopram has no known effect on monoamine oxidase enzyme. It belongs to class of drugs called SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
Q. Is escitalopram used for anxiety?
Yes, escitalopram is used for treatment of all types of anxiety disorders
Q. Is escitalopram/ Nexito/ Cipralex safe?
Escitalopram/ Nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram)are safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What are Nexito/ Cipralex/ Nexito forte/ Stalopam used for?
Nexito/ Cipralex/ Nexito forte/ Stalopam are all trade names for the active drug escitalopram. They are used in the treatment of major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder
Q. Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, lorazepam?
There are no known drug interactions between escitalopram and alprazolam, gabapentin and lorazepam. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q. Can I take escitalopram with tramadol?
Coadministration of escitalopram with tramadol can increase the risk of side effects like fits (seizures). Inform your doctor about any medicine currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q. Can I take escitalopram /cipralex with acetaminophen/paracetamol?
There are no known drug interactions between escitalopram and acetaminophen/paracetamol. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q. Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with Advil (ibuprofen)?
Concomitant use of escitalopram with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, celecoxib can cause side effects such as bruises (ecchymoses) and reddish-purple discoloration of skin due to small, bleeding vessels near the skin surface (purpura). However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopra
Q. Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with amitryptiline?
No, concomitant use of escitalopram with amitriptyline and any other tricyclic antidepressants is contraindicated due to severe side effects
Q. Does escitalopram cause weight gain or weight loss?
Yes, escitalopram is commonly associated with weight gain. Weight loss is an uncommon side effect
Q. Does escitalopram cause hair loss?
Yes, escitalopram may cause hair loss, but it is an uncommon side effect
Q. Does escitalopram cause high blood pressure or acne?
No, escitalopram does not cause an increase in blood pressure or acne
Q. Can I take escitalopram /Cipralex for life?
Take escitalopram for duration directed by your doctor.