food interaction for JANUVIA
alcohol interaction for JANUVIA
pregnancy interaction for JANUVIA
lactation interaction for JANUVIA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for JANUVIA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for JANUVIA 100 MG TABLET
Patients taking JANUVIA 100 MG TABLET
- 95%Once A Day
- 4%Twice A Day
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for JANUVIA
- ISTAVEL 100 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 45/tabletRs. 315same price
- ZITA 100 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 28.40/tabletRs. 198.77save 37% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for JANUVIA
- Do not start or continue the sitagliptin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sitagliptin or any of the other ingredients of sitagliptin.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite, serious allergic reactions like skin rash, fever, swelling and difficulty in breathing.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic coma.
- Kidney problems or liver problems.
- Severe infection or are dehydrated.
- Heart attack or have severe circulatory problems, such as shock or breathing difficulties.
- High triglycerides level.
- Stones in gall bladder.
- Inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
Frequently asked questions for JANUVIA
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia safe?
Sitagliptin/ Januvia is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia generic?
Sitagliptin is generic drug; Januvia is a brand name of sitagliptin
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia banned in India?
No. Sitagliptin is available in India
Q.Is sitagliptin better than vildagliptin?
Sitagliptin and vildagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always consult your doctor for an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Is sitagliptin FDA approved?
Yes. Sitagliptin is FDA approved
Q.Is sitagliptin a statin/ insulin/ metformin?
No. Sitagliptin belongs to class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors and is a different drug than statin/insulin/metformin
Q.Is sitagliptin/Januvia a blood thinner?
Sitagliptin/Januvia is specifically used for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus and not a blood thinner. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take Januvia with metformin/ insulin/ glipizide/ Victoza/ Lantus/ glyburide/ glimepiride/ Actos / Byetta/ Bydureon?
Sitagliptin can be taken in combination with other antidiabetic drugs, when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does sitagliptin cause weight loss/ constipation/ joint pain/ itching/ hypoglycemia/ pancreatitis/ cancer/ dry mouth?
Sitagliptin may cause weight loss, constipation, itching, hypoglycemia, joint pain and pancreatitis. It does not cause cancer or dry mouth. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does Januvia make you sleepy?
No. Januvia does not make you sleepy. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.