food interaction for JALRA
alcohol interaction for JALRA
pregnancy interaction for JALRA
lactation interaction for JALRA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for JALRA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for JALRA 100 MG TABLET
Patients taking JALRA 100 MG TABLET
- 84%Once A Day
- 11%Twice A Day
- 5%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for JALRANo substitutes found
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for JALRA
- You have type 1 diabetes or if you have serious complication of diabetes where high levels of blood acids called ketones are produced in your body (diabetic ketoacidosis).
- You are taking other antidiabetic drug known as a sulphonylurea, may cause low blood glucose (hypoglycemia).
- You have moderate or severe kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure.
- You are on dialysis.
- You have or have had a disease of the pancreas.
Frequently asked questions for JALRA
Q.Is vildagliptin safe?
Vildagliptin (also available as galvus, jalra) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How is vildagliptin metabolized?
Vildagliptin is metabolized by the process of hydrolysis in kidney
Q.Does vildagliptin cause weight gain?
Body weight usually does not change with vildagliptin therapy. However, consult your doctor, if you experience weight gain
Q.Is vildagliptin better than sitagliptin?
Vildagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is vildagliptin licensed with insulin?
Vildagliptin can be taken in combination with insulin when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use.