Information about Vildagliptin
Vildagliptin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Vildagliptin works
Vildagliptin is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces the fasting and postmeal sugar levels.
Common side effects of Vildagliptin
Headache, Common cold, Cough, Constipation, Dizziness, Sweating, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
Available Medicine for Vildagliptin
₹135 to ₹4243 variant(s)
GalvusNovartis India Ltd
₹299 to ₹5982 variant(s)
VildanatNatco Pharma Ltd
ZiglipProchem Bioceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
DippiviJubilant Life Sciences
ZavaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TorglipTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ViglidaArrient Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Vildagliptin
- Vildagliptin should be taken at the same time every day since this helps you remember to take it.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxiety.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Vildagliptin affects you.
- Your doctor may check your kidney and liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, darkened urine or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).