food interaction for IMIZEN
alcohol interaction for IMIZEN
pregnancy interaction for IMIZEN
lactation interaction for IMIZEN
medicine interaction for IMIZEN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR IMIZEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR IMIZEN
- DEPSONIL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.85/tabletRs. 8.50save 9% more per tablet
- ANTIDEP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.92/tabletRs. 9.15save 2% more per tablet
- DEPSOL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.85/tabletRs. 8.46save 10% more per tablet
- KIDEP 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 0.87/tabletRs. 8.72save 7% more per tablet
- TALENDEP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 0.87/tabletRs. 8.72save 7% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR IMIZEN
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: heart disease such as irregular heartbeats, heart block or have recently had heart attack diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands; periods of increased and exaggerated behavior (mania); severe liver disease, or suffering with porphyria (a genetic disorder of the red blood cells hemoglobin causing skin blisters, abdominal pain and brain/nervous system disorders).
- Take special precautions and consult your doctor while taking imipramine if you are not able to pass urine, or have increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
Frequently asked questions FOR IMIZEN
Q. Is imipramine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ tricyclic antidepressant/benzodiazepine?
Imipramine belongs to a class of medication called tricyclic antidepressants. It is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ benzodiazepine
Q. Is imipramine addictive?
No, imipramine is not addictive
Q. Is imipramine sedative?
It had sedative effect, due to its antihistaminergic effect
Q. Is imipramine good for anxiety?
Yes, imipramine may be used for the treatment of anxiety (panic disorder).