Medicine Overview of Goodnoct Tablet XR
Uses of Goodnoct Tablet XR
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Goodnoct Tablet XR
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
How to use Goodnoct Tablet XR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR at a fixed time.
How Goodnoct Tablet XR works
Goodnoct 6.25mg tablet xr belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Goodnoct Tablet XR
Expert advice for Goodnoct Tablet XR
- Take the medicine 30-45 min before going to bed.
- Do not start or continue zolpidem and consult your doctor if you are allergic to zolpidem, or to any of the other ingredients in zolpidem tablets.
- Zolpidem can be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. It should be used for only a short time.
- Do not take this medication more than 2 weeks without your doctor's advice.
- Zolpidem may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine, especially if you take the extended-release tablet, or if you are a woman.
- Do not drive or work with machines while taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Zolpidem may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Special precautions for Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is safe as per American Association of Pregnancy....
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is safe as per American Association of Pregnancy.
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, t+more
ired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is recommended.+more
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease....
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease.
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is generally started at a low dose in patients with mild to moderate liver disease and is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR is generally started at a low dose in patients with mild to moderate liver disease and is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Nixitral 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Zolpidem, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Goodnoct 6.25mg Tablet XR
Frequently asked questions for Zolpidem
Goodnoct produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, Goodnoct may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
No, Goodnoct does not have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it
Like all medicines, Goodnoct has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Goodnoct should not be taken beyond this date.
Q. Can I take Goodnoct with prednisone?
No drug-drug interactions have been found Goodnoct taken with prednisone. However always consult with your doctor before taking these medicines together.
Goodnoct is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe Goodnoct for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs
Substitutes for Goodnoct Tablet XR
Nitrest 6.25mg Tablet CR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Zolnap 6.25mg Tablet XR
Icon Life Sciences
Dactive 6.25mg Tablet SR
Zolpid 6.25mg Tablet ER
Micro Labs Ltd