Information about Zolpidem
Zolpidem is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How zolpidem works
Zolpidem belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
Common side effects of zolpidem
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache
Available Medicine for Zolpidem
- ₹81 to ₹129Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹136Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹89Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹49Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹93Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹86Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹125Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹105Icon Life Sciences4 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹83Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹69Linux Laboratories2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zolpidem
- Take the medicine 30-45 min before going to bed.
- Do not start or continue zolpidem and consult your doctor if you are allergic to zolpidem, or to any of the other ingredients in zolpidem tablets.
- Zolpidem can be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. It should be used for only a short time.
- Do not take this medication more than 2 weeks without your doctor's advice.
- Zolpidem may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine, especially if you take the extended-release tablet, or if you are a woman.
- Do not drive or work with machines while taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Zolpidem may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Frequently asked questions for Zolpidem
Q. Does Zolpidem make you high?
Zolpidem produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, Zolpidem may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
Q. Does Zolpidem have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it?
No, Zolpidem does not have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it
Q. Does Zolpidem expire?
Like all medicines, Zolpidem has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Zolpidem should not be taken beyond this date.
Q. Can I take Zolpidem with prednisone?
No drug-drug interactions have been found Zolpidem taken with prednisone. However always consult with your doctor before taking these medicines together.
Q. Does Zolpidem help with anxiety?
Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe Zolpidem for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs