Information about Zolpidem
Zolpidem is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How zolpidem works
Zolpidem belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
Common side effects of zolpidem
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache
Available Medicine for Zolpidem
- ₹84 to ₹139Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹89Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹49Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹93Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹89Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹134Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹116Icon Life Sciences4 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹69Linux Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹109La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹82Talent India2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zolpidem
- Your doctor has prescribed Zolpidem to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- Take Zolpidem once while going to bed and do not repeat in the same night.
- Not for long-term use as it can be habit-forming.
- Along with taking Zolpidem, follow simple tips to establish a sleep routine: Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day; avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or consuming coffee/tea four to six hours before going to bed; avoid large meal before bedtime; do not exercise right before going to bed; make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark; avoid daytime nap.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine if you have been regularly using it.
Frequently asked questions for Zolpidem
Q. Does Zolpidem make you high?
Zolpidem produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, Zolpidem may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
Q. Does Zolpidem have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it?
No, Zolpidem does not have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it
Q. Does Zolpidem expire?
Like all medicines, Zolpidem has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Zolpidem should not be taken beyond this date.
Q. Can I take Zolpidem with prednisone?
No drug-drug interactions have been found Zolpidem taken with prednisone. However always consult with your doctor before taking these medicines together.
Q. Does Zolpidem help with anxiety?
Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe Zolpidem for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs