food interaction for GLYNASE
alcohol interaction for GLYNASE
pregnancy interaction for GLYNASE
lactation interaction for GLYNASE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLYNASE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLYNASE XL 10 TABLET
Patients taking GLYNASE XL 10 TABLET
- 68%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLYNASE
- GLYTOP 10 SR TABLET(10 tablets in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 1.36/tabletRs. 13.60save 1% more per tablet
- GLEZ 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.55/tabletRs. 5.54save 60% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for GLYNASE
- Do not take glipizide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have had impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- Do not take glipizide, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do inform your doctor, if you are about to have major surgery or have had a recent injury (trauma) or develop a fever or severe infection.
- Do not drive or operate machinery, if you have just started taking glipizide as it may cause excessive fall in the blood sugar level leading to the following symptoms: confusion, faintness, sweating, dizziness, drowsiness, headache shakiness (tremor) and visual disturbances.
Frequently asked questions for GLYNASE
Q.Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q.Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.