Information about Glipizide
Glipizide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How glipizide works
Glipizide is an anti-diabetic medication (sulphonylurea). It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Common side effects of glipizide
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Glipizide
- ₹6 to ₹16USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹14RPG Life Sciences Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹3 to ₹6Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹3 to ₹15Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹5Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Avinash Health Products Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glipizide
- Helps decrease high blood sugar level and avoids long-term complications of diabetes.
- Take just before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
- Learn how to identify and manage symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, and headache, and teach your family as well.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
Frequently asked questions for Glipizide
Q. Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q. Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.