Information about Glipizide
Glipizide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Glipizide works
Glipizide is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower blood glucose.
Common side effects of Glipizide
Dizziness, Diarrhea, Nervousness, Tremor, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Flatulence
Available Medicine for Glipizide
₹7 to ₹163 variant(s)
GlezAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹3 to ₹144 variant(s)
GlysonUnison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
GlytopRPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹7 to ₹133 variant(s)
DibizideMicro Labs Ltd
GlucotrolJenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LibizBaroque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Glipizide
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Glipizide affects you.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).