Information about Glipizide
Glipizide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How glipizide works
Glipizide increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of glipizide
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
Available Medicine for Glipizide
- ₹5 to ₹14USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹14RPG Life Sciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹4 to ₹5Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2 to ₹15Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹5Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Bal Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Avinash Health Products Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glipizide
- The most common and serious side effect is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). If you consume excessive alcohol or if you have irregular dietary patterns, you are at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). Do not skip meals when taking this medicine.
- Please be aware of signs and symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, tremor, sweating, headache).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should be avoided or use with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Glipizide
Q. Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q. Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.