Information about Pioglitazone
Pioglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Pioglitazone works
Pioglitazone is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural substance that helps control blood sugar levels.
Common side effects of Pioglitazone
Weight gain, Blurred vision, Respiratory tract infection, Numbness, Bone fracture
Available Medicine for Pioglitazone
₹57 to ₹913 variant(s)
PioglitSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹58 to ₹913 variant(s)
PiosysSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹812 variant(s)
PioglarSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹58 to ₹833 variant(s)
PionormMicro Labs Ltd
₹33 to ₹763 variant(s)
₹94 to ₹1323 variant(s)
GlitarisEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹57 to ₹883 variant(s)
PiokindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹60 to ₹792 variant(s)
PiomedIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹65 to ₹962 variant(s)
PiopodTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹55 to ₹1002 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pioglitazone
- Pioglitazone helps to control blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Pioglitazone.
- Take it only as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- Full effects may be visible after several weeks of starting Pioglitazone. Keep taking it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while taking this medicine.
- Notify your doctor if you experience shortness of breath, heart problems, or any abnormal swelling.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms like abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes and loss of appetite.