Medicine Overview of Fuzone Tablet
Side effects of Fuzone Tablet
Acne-like rash, Allergic reaction, Hives, Joint pain, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Stomach upset, Vomiting, Weakness, Chills, Fever.
How to use Fuzone Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Fuzone 150mg Tablet with food.
How Fuzone Tablet works
Fuzone 150mg tablet kills bacteria by stopping the growth of the bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Fuzone Tablet
Expert advice for Fuzone Tablet
- Do not drink alcohol during and till 4 days after taking furazolidone.
- Furazolidone should not be given to infants up to 1 month of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you may feel dizzy while taking furazolidone.
- Avoid tyramine-containing foods (meat, fish, dairy products) while using furazolidone and two weeks after medication as it may cause headache and/or increased blood pressure and could lead to a medical emergency.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are allergic to furazolidone or any other ingredient of drug or have known sensitivity to drugs like primaquin.
- Avoid using furazolidone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood pressure when standing up from sitting or lying position (orthostatic hypotension).
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are taking drugs for Parkinsonism, diabetes, hypertension, sleep disorders or depression.
Special precautions for Fuzone 150mg Tablet
Fuzone 150mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, inc+more
reased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions)....
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Fuzone 150mg Tablet should be used with caution during lacta+more
tion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Fuzone 150mg Tablet alters the abili+more
ty to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Fuzone+more
150mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Addwize 10mg Tablet, Addwize OD 18mg Tablet, Phenpres 10mg Injection, Meth OD 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Fuzone 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Furazolidone
Fuzone is believed to work by crosslinking of DNA, thereby stopping bacterial growth and killing sensitive bacteria and protozoa
Fuzone is a nitrofuran antibiotic
Fuzone is used to treat diarrhea or enteritis caused by bacteria and protozoa including traveler's diarrhea,typhoid fever, cholera, salmonella infections, and giardiasis
Although Fuzone is effective in drug resistant infections, it is banned in certain countries due to its side effects that may cause systemic toxicity, and are also recognized as cancer causing chemical (mutagens/carcinogens) by the US FDA. Do consult your doctor before use.
Substitutes for Fuzone
No substitutes found for this medicine