Information about Oxymetazoline
Oxymetazoline is used in the treatment of nasal congestion. It treats congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, sinus irritation, and the common cold.
How Oxymetazoline works
Oxymetazoline is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provides temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Common side effects of Oxymetazoline
Dryness, Irritation, Sneezing
Available Medicine for Oxymetazoline
ZoametEast India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
₹38 to ₹644 variant(s)
OlfamistStrides shasun Ltd
NoxilTzana Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
OxeonRowez Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
₹49 to ₹572 variant(s)
Maxtra-OZuventus Healthcare Ltd
Dehale-OMFloreat Medica Pvt Ltd
XynolubeAjanta Pharma Ltd
MedinozeMDC Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹54 to ₹942 variant(s)
OxyrestAmbit Bio Medix
Expert advice for Oxymetazoline
- It works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- The right way to use the nasal spray:
- Shake the bottle before using the medicine.
- Clean your nose thoroughly before using the medicine.
- Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril.
- Direct the spray towards the sides of your nostril, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- Avoid deep breathing as it will cause medication to go back to the throat and make it less effective.
- Do not share the bottle with anyone else so that you do not spread germs.
- Oxymetazoline can make nasal congestion worse if used for more than 3 or 4 days in a row (called rebound congestion).