Information about Xylometazoline
Xylometazoline is used in the treatment of nasal congestion. It treats congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, sinus irritation, and the common cold.
How Xylometazoline works
Xylometazoline is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provides temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Common side effects of Xylometazoline
Burning sensation, Dry nose, Headache, Nausea
Available Medicine for Xylometazoline
OrinaseEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹50 to ₹783 variant(s)
NasopilPsychotropics India Ltd
₹43 to ₹552 variant(s)
Rhinoset SKaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Sudin-NDGroup Pharmaceuticals Ltd
SinometNri Vision Care India Limited
₹38 to ₹753 variant(s)
Naso WikorylAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹47 to ₹513 variant(s)
₹37 to ₹462 variant(s)
XymetAver Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹32 to ₹382 variant(s)
NasowelFitwel Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
Expert advice for Xylometazoline
- Xylometazoline works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- The right way to use the nasal spray:
- Shake the bottle before using the medicine.
- Clean your nose thoroughly before using the medicine.
- Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril.
- Direct the spray towards the sides of your nostril, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- Xylometazoline can make nasal congestion worse if used for more than 7 days in a row (called rebound congestion).
- Avoid deep breathing as it will cause medication to go back to the throat and make it less effective.
- Do not share the bottle with anyone else so that you do not spread germs.