Information about Xylometazoline
Xylometazoline is used in the treatment of Nasal congestion.
How xylometazoline works
Xylometazoline narrows the small blood vessels, which provide temporary relief from congestion or stuffiness in the nose.
Common side effects of xylometazoline
Sneezing, Soreness, Dryness, Tingling sensation, Itching, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Xylometazoline
- ₹38 to ₹52Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹50Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹64Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Meridian Enterprises Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Xylometazoline
- Xylometazoline works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- It acts on the nose, so there aren't too many other side effects.
- Xylometazoline can make nasal congestion worse if used for more than 3 or 4 days in a row (called rebound congestion).
- It can cause temporary stinging, burning, or dryness in the nose.
Frequently asked questions for Xylometazoline
Q. What is xylometazoline hydrochloride/ what is xylometazoline hydrochloride used for/ is xylometazoline a steroid/ an antihistamine?
Xylometazoline is a topical decongestant and is used to for relief of the blocked; congested nose and sinuses caused by colds and allergies such as hay fever. It is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. How does xylometazoline/xylometazoline hydrochloride work?
Xylometazoline relieves nasal and sinus congestion by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the nose
Q. Is xylometazoline hydrochloride addictive/ is xylometazoline addiction?
Prolonged use of xylometazoline may lead to its addiction in some.