Information about Xylometazoline
Xylometazoline is used in the treatment of nasal congestion. It treats congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, sinus irritation, and the common cold.
How xylometazoline works
Xylometazoline is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provides temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Common side effects of xylometazoline
Headache, Nausea, Nasal dryness, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Xylometazoline
- ₹50 to ₹78Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹55Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹44Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹51Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹52Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50Fitwel Pharmaceuticals Private Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹36BMW Pharmaco India Pvt. Ltd.2 variant(s)
- ₹36Bonsai Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹13Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- 1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Xylometazoline
- Xylometazoline works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- It acts on the nose, so there aren't too many other side effects.
- Xylometazoline can make nasal congestion worse if used for more than 3 or 4 days in a row (called rebound congestion).
- It can cause temporary stinging, burning, or dryness in the nose.
Frequently asked questions for Xylometazoline
Q. What is xylometazoline hydrochloride/ what is xylometazoline hydrochloride used for/ is xylometazoline a steroid/ an antihistamine?
Xylometazoline is a topical decongestant and is used to for relief of the blocked; congested nose and sinuses caused by colds and allergies such as hay fever. It is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. How does xylometazoline/xylometazoline hydrochloride work?
Xylometazoline relieves nasal and sinus congestion by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the nose
Q. Is xylometazoline hydrochloride addictive/ is xylometazoline addiction?
Prolonged use of xylometazoline may lead to its addiction in some.