Information about Pseudoephedrine
Pseudoephedrine is used in the treatment of nasal congestion. It is also used to treat sinus and upper chest congestion.
How pseudoephedrine works
Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provides temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Common side effects of pseudoephedrine
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Dryness in mouth, Hypersensitivity reaction, Restlessness, Sleep disturbance
Available Medicine for Pseudoephedrine
- ₹13Ciron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pseudoephedrine
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, blood vessel, liver, kidney, bladder or prostate disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing, swollen lips or skin, severe rashes and itching, hallucinations, restlessness or sleep disturbances.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken medication for any mental illness, high blood pressure or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems).
- Do not take if allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if medication is going for any mental disorder, nasal sprays for decongestion, high blood pressure.
- Do not take if suffering with kidney, heart, liver, blood vessel disorder or diabetes, hyperthyroidism, phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumor of the adrenal glands) or glaucoma.
- Do not take if below below 12 years.
- Do not take if Pregnant and breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Pseudoephedrine
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine for allergies?
Pseudoephedrine does give symptomatic relief from seasonal allergic conditions such as runny nose and nasal decongestion.
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine with ibuprofen?
Yes. Ibuprofen may relieve fever experienced during cold.
Q. Can I take Pseudoephedrine with Tamsulosin?
Pseudoephedrine and Tamsulosin are not known to have any meaningful interactions. However, they act by opposite mechanisms and produce opposite effects and hence you should consult your doctor before taking these medicines together because one can decrease the effect of the other.