Information about Ephedrine
Ephedrine is used in the treatment of decreased blood pressure.
How ephedrine works
Ephedrine works by the blood vessels and increases the blood flow to heart and lungs thereby improving the disease condition.
Common side effects of ephedrine
Systemic hypertension (high blood pressure), Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping).
Available Medicine for Ephedrine
- ₹23Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ephedrine
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from diabetes (high blood sugar levels), angle-closure glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) and difficulty passing urine or kidney impairment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rashes or bleeding from the stomach or intestine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to ephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you are suffering from heart condition (ischemic heart disease), hypertension (high blood pressure), hyperthyroidism and prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate gland).
- Children below 1 year should not consume this drug.
Frequently asked questions for Ephedrine
Q. Is ephedrine dangerous/safe?
Ephedrine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ephedrine illegal/ controlled substance?
Ephedrine is legal. Ephedrine is not currently classified as a controlled substance.
Q. Is ephedrine a stimulant?
Yes, ephedrine is a stimulant
Q. Does ephedrine raise blood pressure?
Yes, ephedrine may increase blood pressure. It is used to treat low blood pressure (hypotension) caused during spinal or epidural anesthesia
Q. Does ephedrine cause hair loss/ drowsiness/ constipation/ acne/ weight loss?
No, ephedrine is not known to cause hair loss, drowsiness, constipation, acne or weight loss. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Does ephedrine burn muscle/help lose weight?
Ephedrine is known to cause weight loss. However, it is not widely used as a treatment for weight loss.