Information about Furazolidone
Furazolidone is used in the treatment of diarrhea. It treats diarrhea caused by giardia infection.
How Furazolidone works
Furazolidone is an antibiotic. It works by suppressing bacterial enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism, thereby reducing the available energy for vital cellular functions. This stops bacterial growth and treats stomach and intestinal infections.
Common side effects of Furazolidone
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Furazolidone
EntowinSyncom Formulations I Limited
FuroxoneGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹2 to ₹62 variant(s)
FurachlorTOSC International Pvt Ltd
FuloSuzikem Drugs Pvt Ltd
FuzoneM. Frank Pharmaceuticals
Expert advice for Furazolidone
- Furazolidone is used for the treatment of diarrhea caused by giardia infection.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is not as bitter as some of the other medicines used for the treatment of giardiasis.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking and till 4 days after taking this medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.