food interaction for FOSPHEN
alcohol interaction for FOSPHEN
pregnancy interaction for FOSPHEN
lactation interaction for FOSPHEN
Avoid Fosphen 75mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FOSPHEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FOSPHEN
- FOSOLIN 75MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 191.50/ML of injectionRs. 383pay 905% more per ML of injection
- NEOFOST 75MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 22.50/ML of injectionRs. 45pay 18% more per ML of injection
- FOSENTIN 75MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.25/ML of injectionRs. 32.50save 15% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Susant Kumar BhuyanMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for FOSPHEN
- Immediately consult your doctor if you develop any suicidal thoughts, swelling, discoloration or pain at the injection site, serious skin infections such as rash, blisters, itching and fever while on treatment with fosphenytoin.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while being treated with fosphenytoin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fosphenytoin as it causes dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fosphenytoin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from heart diseases affecting the heart rhythm (e.g. slow heartbeat, certain heart blocks.).
- Do not take if suffering from disorder of abnormal red blood cell generation (acute intermittent porphyria).
Frequently asked questions for FOSPHEN
Q.Is fosphenytoin a vesicant?
Yes, fosphenytoin is a vesicant
Q.Why is fosphenytoin better than Dilantin?
Dilantin is a brand name of phenytoin. Fosphenytoin does not have side effects which are commonly associated with the use of phenytoin (when injected intravenously or intramuscularly) such as injection site irritation and sudden changes in the heart rate (arrhythmia), hence fosphenytoin is better than Dilantin.