Information about Cimetidine
Cimetidine is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How Cimetidine works
Cimetidine is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach which helps relieve of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Cimetidine
Headache, Diarrhea, Muscle pain, Skin rash, Tiredness
Available Medicine for Cimetidine
UlcibanTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12 to ₹252 variant(s)
TagasecTaj Pharma India Ltd
₹5 to ₹122 variant(s)
C MetCyper Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹132 variant(s)
CimetigetFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹142 variant(s)
NeotidNeon Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Cimetidine
- Take Cimetidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day. It is very effective in controlling stomach acid that is released when you are asleep.
- If you are also taking other medications to treat acidity (e.g., antacid), take them 2 hours before or after taking Cimetidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Cimetidine for 2 weeks as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney disease as dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Inform your doctor about any other medications or supplements that you are taking because Cimetidine can interfere with the working of other medications.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.