Medicine Overview of Fenocard Tablet
Side effects of Fenocard Tablet
Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Vomiting, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea.
How to use Fenocard Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Fenocard 20mg Tablet with food.
How Fenocard Tablet works
Fenocard 20mg tablet stimulates the formation of enzymes for triglyceride metabolism, which in turn lowers the levels of triglyceride and cholesterol in the body.
In Depth Information on Fenocard Tablet
Expert advice for Fenocard Tablet
- If you also take medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol; make sure to take them at least 1 hour after or 4 hours before taking fenofibrate.
- Consult your doctor, if you have diseases such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism, kidney or liver ailments.
- Do not take fenofibrate, if you are allergic to it or to any other ingredient in the medicine (lactose).
- Do not take finofibrate, if you are sensitive to sunlight.
- Do not take the medicine, if you are suffering from severe liver, kidney or pancreatic ailments (gall bladder disease, biliary cirrhosis, pancreatitis); if you have muscular disorders, large amount of protein in urine, water retention in the body (nephrotic syndrome), decreased albumin in the blood (hypoalbuminaemia) or poorly controlled diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Fenocard 20mg Tablet
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fenocard 20mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Fenocard 20mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Fenocard 20mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Fenocard 20mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Fenocard 20mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Fenocard 20mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Fenocard 20mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Gli 2mg Tablet, Lipicure 10mg Tablet, Atorsave 20mg Tablet, Glychek 40mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Fenofibrate, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Fenocard 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Fenofibrate
Fenocard is a drug belonging to a different class of drugs called “Fibrates”, whereas Lipitor (atorvastatin) belongs to the “Statin” class. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms
Fenocard may rarely cause sexual weakness in patients. It does not cause weight gain and memory loss. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take fenofibrate with Lipitor, ibuprofen, niacin, Nyquil or crestor?
Taking fenofibrate with drugs from the statin class (e.g. Atorvastatin or Lipitor; rosuvastatin or crestor) may cause muscle breakdown. There is no significant drug interaction with ibuprofen, niacin or Nyquil. However, always consult your doctor before use
Fenocard belongs to a class of drugs called as fibrates or fibric acid derivatives. It is different from statins, blood thinners, diuretic and nitrate
Yes, Fenocard is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (TriCor, Antara, Lofibra, Stanlip, Lipicard etc.).
Substitutes for Fenocard
No substitutes found for this medicine