Medicine Overview of Entowin Tablet
Side effects of Entowin Tablet
Acne-like rash, Allergic reaction, Hives, Joint pain, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Stomach upset, Vomiting, Weakness, Chills, Fever.
How to use Entowin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Entowin Tablet with food.
How Entowin Tablet works
Entowin tablet kills bacteria by stopping the growth of the bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Entowin Tablet
Expert advice for Entowin Tablet
- Do not drink alcohol during and till 4 days after taking furazolidone.
- Furazolidone should not be given to infants up to 1 month of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you may feel dizzy while taking furazolidone.
- Avoid tyramine-containing foods (meat, fish, dairy products) while using furazolidone and two weeks after medication as it may cause headache and/or increased blood pressure and could lead to a medical emergency.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are allergic to furazolidone or any other ingredient of drug or have known sensitivity to drugs like primaquin.
- Avoid using furazolidone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood pressure when standing up from sitting or lying position (orthostatic hypotension).
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are taking drugs for Parkinsonism, diabetes, hypertension, sleep disorders or depression.
Special precautions for Entowin Tablet
Entowin Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, increase+more
d heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions)....
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Entowin Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation. L+more
imited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Entowin Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Entowin+more
Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Addwize 10mg Tablet, Addwize OD 18mg Tablet, Phenpres 10mg Injection, Meth OD 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Entowin NA Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Furazolidone
Entowin is believed to work by crosslinking of DNA, thereby stopping bacterial growth and killing sensitive bacteria and protozoa
Entowin is a nitrofuran antibiotic
Entowin is used to treat diarrhea or enteritis caused by bacteria and protozoa including traveler's diarrhea,typhoid fever, cholera, salmonella infections, and giardiasis
Although Entowin is effective in drug resistant infections, it is banned in certain countries due to its side effects that may cause systemic toxicity, and are also recognized as cancer causing chemical (mutagens/carcinogens) by the US FDA. Do consult your doctor before use.
Substitutes for Entowin
No substitutes found for this medicine