Medicine Overview of Entowin Tablet
Acne-like rash, Allergic reaction, Hives, Joint pain, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Stomach upset, Vomiting, Weakness, Chills, Fever.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Entowin Tablet is to be taken with food.
Entowin Tablet kills bacteria by stopping the growth of the bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Entowin Tablet
- Do not drink alcohol during and till 4 days after taking furazolidone.
- Furazolidone should not be given to infants up to 1 month of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you may feel dizzy while taking furazolidone.
- Avoid tyramine-containing foods (meat, fish, dairy products) while using furazolidone and two weeks after medication as it may cause headache and/or increased blood pressure and could lead to a medical emergency.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are allergic to furazolidone or any other ingredient of drug or have known sensitivity to drugs like primaquin.
- Avoid using furazolidone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not take furazolidone, if you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood pressure when standing up from sitting or lying position (orthostatic hypotension).
- Do not take furazolidone, if you are taking drugs for Parkinsonism, diabetes, hypertension, sleep disorders or depression.
Entowin Tablet related warnings
Entowin Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions).
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Entowin Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Entowin Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Entowin Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Entowin Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Entowin Tablet
What are you using Entowin Tablet for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Entowin Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Entowin Tablet
Entowin is believed to work by crosslinking of DNA, thereby stopping bacterial growth and killing sensitive bacteria and protozoa
Entowin is a nitrofuran antibiotic
Entowin is used to treat diarrhea or enteritis caused by bacteria and protozoa including traveler's diarrhea,typhoid fever, cholera, salmonella infections, and giardiasis
Although Entowin is effective in drug resistant infections, it is banned in certain countries due to its side effects that may cause systemic toxicity, and are also recognized as cancer causing chemical (mutagens/carcinogens) by the US FDA. Do consult your doctor before use.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Entowin with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Oxymetazoline (topical): Zoamet
Medicines with composition Oxymetazoline: Xynolube
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Entowin Tablet: PPR, WHL, PVP, BIO, RHL, IAD, BBS, RUS, MDH, QLF, VNS, NXG, RWP, GPP, NSL, NTB, ZVP, KMC, PEN, PWN, NVL, EMB, DGN, BLE, ATP, SWP, HIP, HPC, JIV, BTM, DLP, MLC, AYM, NNH, EVP, SLN, NDP, BAP, DYG, RKS, STA, SSA, VDH, ABP, GTC, LHA, KHC, ENP, TRP, NVY, RPI, HAT, JVN, ESY, ANT, ATL, CLT, INC, PTI, GBL, LCC, 9T9, GHR, MAX, DHR, SHC, HZF, OIP, MAM, USF, BHM, SRG, SJP, GNC, MMS, UMP, WSI, MSD, RSA, RDR, TNH, DFP, PNT, AMR, DVH, SBA, RPP, ADT, MPC, PLT, OWP, QTM, JVO, SHD, HGI, RDH, PRN, HTS, DPL, EQN, SVH, BAL, ZEL, DPP, HBV, SYN, VRS, SWA, MAK, BSN, AYU, ARD, KHH, P2P, TFP, BDN, SHP, OLT, HEX, IPL, SCH, SGH, HMP, BHP, MDO, SGC, AAY, AGT, GTK, THP, FGH, RSS, PMA, AAR, TOM, RHW, HSP, RJH, JSL, BMJ, HNP, SDM, SAF, SBL, GPT, OHM