Medicine Overview of Efavir Capsule
Rash, Headache, Dizziness, Decrease in granulocyte count, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Abnormal dreams, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Anxiety, Fever, Itching, Difficulty in paying attention, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Efavir 200mg Capsule empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
Efavir 200mg capsule prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Efavir Capsule
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness or convulsions (fits or seizures).
- Ensure that efavirenz is always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection.
- Take the required precautions to prevent transmission as efavirenz does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact.
- Do not drive if you have taken efavirenz as it may cause dizziness.
- Do take if allergic to efavirenz or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if sufering with severe liver disease.
- Avoid if patient is Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Taking Efavirenz with alcohol may cause liver problems.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Efavir 200mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Efavir 200mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactatio
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Efavir 200mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Efavir 200mg Capsule is probably safe to use in patients wit
h kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Efavir 200mg Capsule may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Efavir 200mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Efavir 200mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Efavir 200mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with moderate and severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Peptiran 75mg/5ml Syrup, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Azivent 500mg Tablet
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Efavir 200mg Capsule: 9T9, LCC, HIP, MOM, AYU, ENP, PSP, GNC, KHH, LHA, BIO, RUS, STA, AGT, DDR, PTS, DFP, MMS, GTK, RJH, OLT, BTM, FGH, EQN, MAK, JIV, ZVP, SBL, PEN, ADT, USF, NVL, JMJ, NDP, NWP, OIP, BSN, HEX, GPT, MAX, DPP, HBV, OHM, RSS, DYG, GTC, IPL, DLP, BLP, DEL, SHP, HGI, SAT, PLT, ATP, SSA, EMB, BDN, PNT, SBA, MPC, OWP, RPP, SWA, AAY, RKS, SHM, ATL, WSI, SJP