food interaction for DILCARDIA
alcohol interaction for DILCARDIA
pregnancy interaction for DILCARDIA
lactation interaction for DILCARDIA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DILCARDIA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DILCARDIA
- DILZEM 90 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.09/tablet srRs. 90.93pay 41% more per tablet sr
- CHANNEL 90 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.09/tablet srRs. 90.93pay 41% more per tablet sr
- DTM 90 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 6.66/tablet srRs. 66.57pay 3% more per tablet sr
- ISKI 90 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Stadmed Pvt LtdRs. 6.39/tablet srRs. 63.91save 1% more per tablet sr
- DILTILONG 90MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.49/tablet srRs. 54.90save 15% more per tablet sr
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for DILCARDIA
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Diltiazem can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Diltiazem can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Diltiazem. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Diltiazem may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for DILCARDIA
Q.Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers
Q.Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name
Q.Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug
Q.Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects
Q.Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.