Information about Diltiazem
How diltiazem works
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces blood pressure and abnormally fast heartbeat which lowers strain and oxygen requirement of the heart.
Common side effects of diltiazem
Headache, Nausea, Fatigue, Dizziness, Feeling of discomfort, Dyspepsia, Stomach pain, Peripheral edema, Constipation, Redness of skin, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
Available Medicine for Diltiazem
- ₹15 to ₹95Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹221Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹197Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹214Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹148Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹107Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹171Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹65J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹67Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹74Stadmed Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diltiazem
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if you have developed constipation during treatment with Diltiazem.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with any heart problems (heart attack, heart failure, slow or irregular heart rate).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Diltiazem
Q. Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers
Q. Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name
Q. Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug
Q. Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects
Q. Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.