Information about Diltiazem
How Diltiazem works
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels, thereby widening the blood vessels and allowing more blood and oxygen to reach the heart. This reduces blood pressure and decreases the chances of angina (chest pain).
Common side effects of Diltiazem
Headache, Nausea, Fatigue, Dizziness, Feeling of discomfort, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Peripheral edema, Constipation, Erythema (skin redness), Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Slow heart rate, Palpitations
Available Medicine for Diltiazem
Dilzem CDTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹107 to ₹2934 variant(s)
DilzemTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹1565 variant(s)
Angizem CDSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹107 to ₹1782 variant(s)
DiltigesicTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
DilcontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹53 to ₹2264 variant(s)
Angizem DPSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹63 to ₹1623 variant(s)
ChannelMicro Labs Ltd
₹26 to ₹1065 variant(s)
AngizemSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹26 to ₹2364 variant(s)
DilcardiaJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹24 to ₹643 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diltiazem
- Diltiazem slows down the heartbeat and allows the blood vessels in the body to relax.
- This helps prevent angina attacks (chest pain caused by heart disease), certain abnormal heart rhythms, stroke and heart attack.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It is best to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Diltiazem as it may make the side effects worse.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor first.