How it works
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces blood pressure and abnormally fast heartbeat which lowers strain and oxygen requirement of the heart.
Common side effects
Headache, Nausea, Fatigue, Dizziness, Feeling of discomfort, Dyspepsia, Stomach pain, Peripheral edema, Constipation, Redness of skin, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- ₹93 to ₹202Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹90Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹48Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹183Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹214Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹148Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹107Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹171Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹65J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹67Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- The drug can cause dizziness or fatigue in the first few days.
- The drug can cause ankle or foot swelling.
- The drug can cause gum overgrowth. Speak to a dentist if you get this side effect.
- Check your blood pressure regularly and speak to your doctor if it has not improved after one week.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers
Q. Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name
Q. Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug
Q. Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects
Q. Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.