food interaction for DIACON
alcohol interaction for DIACON
pregnancy interaction for DIACON
lactation interaction for DIACON
medicine interaction for DIACON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DIACON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DIACON
- GLYNASE 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 0.56/tabletRs. 5.57pay 32% more per tablet
- GLYNASE XL 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 0.79/tabletRs. 7.90pay 87% more per tablet
- GLIDE 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.46/tabletRs. 4.56pay 8% more per tablet
- GLYTOP 5 SR TABLET(10 tablets in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 0.72/tabletRs. 7.15pay 69% more per tablet
- GLYSON 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.50/tabletRs. 5pay 18% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DIACON
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Glipizide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions FOR DIACON
Q. Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q. Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.