food interaction for DESDEP
alcohol interaction for DESDEP
pregnancy interaction for DESDEP
lactation interaction for DESDEP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DESDEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DESDEP
- DESFAX 50 MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 8.70/tablet erRs. 87same price
- DEFAXIN 50MG TABLET(10 tablet er in strip)Emenox HealthcareRs. 8.38/tablet erRs. 83.81save 4% more per tablet er
- DESVELAF 50MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 7.71/tablet erRs. 77.13save 11% more per tablet er
- DESVIN 50MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 8.43/tablet erRs. 84.32save 3% more per tablet er
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for DESDEP
- Do not start or continue desvenlafaxine, in any form if you are allergic to desvenlafaxine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take desvenlafaxine, if you have fever, muscle stiffness or tremor, changes in your mental state like confusion, irritability and extreme agitation (serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome).
- Avoid taking desvenlafaxine, if you have any respiratory problem; seizure or epilepsy; suicidal tendencies; or mania.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine in any form.
- Do not take this drug, if you are using antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Desvenlafaxine can cause drowsiness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for DESDEP
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.