food interaction for DELSONE M
alcohol interaction for DELSONE M
pregnancy interaction for DELSONE M
lactation interaction for DELSONE M
medicine interaction for DELSONE M
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DELSONE M
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DELSONE M
- MEDROL 16 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 8.69/tabletRs. 121.72pay 9% more per tablet
- PREDMET 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.69/tabletRs. 86.94pay 9% more per tablet
- ZEMPRED 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.69/tabletRs. 86.94pay 9% more per tablet
- IVEPRED 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.69/tabletRs. 86.94pay 9% more per tablet
- DEPOTEX 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 8.69/tabletRs. 86.94pay 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DELSONE M
- If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- If you have a serious infection, particularly in the lungs or esophagus, that is untreated.
- If you are suffering from any infection.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- If you are taking antibiotics for any infection, pain killers or contraceptive pills or any medication for heart disease or peptic ulcer.
- If you are going to undergo any laboratory test.
Frequently asked questions FOR DELSONE M
Q. Is methylprednisolone a steroid oral antibiotic drug?
Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid/steroid drug. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Is methylprednisolone a narcotic or addictive drug?
No. Methylprednisolone is not a narcotic or an addictive drug
Q. Is methylprednisolone the same as prednisone, prednisolone, or dexamethasone?
No. Methylprednisolone, prednisolone, prednisone and dexamethasone are different steroid drugs belonging to the same class
Q. Can I take methylprednisolone for strep throat, sinus infection, bronchitis, or poison ivy?
Methylprednisolone may be effective in skin allergy due to poison ivy. But it should not be taken for suspected bacterial or viral infection including strep throat, sinus infection or bronchitis
Q. Can I take methylprednisolone with ibuprofen, Nyquil, Benadryl, amoxicillin, Vicodin, or Synthroid?
Yes, methylprednisolone can be taken with ibuprofen, Nyquil, Benadryl, amoxicillin, Vicodin, or Synthroid (levothyroxine) only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Can I take methylprednisolone if I have high blood pressure?
You can take methylprednisolone if you have high blood pressure, only when prescribed by your doctor. It is prescribed in such situation when benefit outweighs the risk
Q. Does methylprednisolone cause insomnia, constipation, heartburn, weight loss, hair loss, or sweating?
Yes. Methylprednisolone may cause insomnia, constipation, heartburn, sweating or hair loss. It usually causes weight gain, not weight loss. If you experience any such symptoms, please contact your doctor
Q. Does methylprednisolone affect birth control?
Methylprednisolone may affect the protection by oral contraceptive pill. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking methylprednisolone.