Information about Methylprednisolone
How Methylprednisolone works
Methylprednisolone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Methylprednisolone
Thinning of skin, Increased risk of infection, Reduction in bone density, Weight gain, Mood changes, Upset stomach, Behavioural changes
Available Medicine for Methylprednisolone
₹47 to ₹16915 variant(s)
₹70 to ₹933 variant(s)
₹52 to ₹1585 variant(s)
IvepredSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹51 to ₹13508 variant(s)
Nucort-MMankind Pharma Ltd
₹47 to ₹974 variant(s)
MepressoIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹69 to ₹13395 variant(s)
MacpredMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹53 to ₹1003 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹4155 variant(s)
Neo-DrolNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹59 to ₹6564 variant(s)
ZempredSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹51 to ₹1003 variant(s)
Expert advice for Methylprednisolone
- Methylprednisolone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Methylprednisolone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Methylprednisolone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Methylprednisolone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.