Information about Methylprednisolone
Methylprednisolone is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergy symptoms, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
How methylprednisolone works
Methylprednisolone belongs to a group of medicines called as corticosteroids. It increases the level of corticosteroid, which are naturally present in the body and thereby controls inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory, metabolic, immune, and hormonal effects on the body..
Common side effects of methylprednisolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Skin scar, Altered bone growth, Cataract, Behavioural changes
Available Medicine for Methylprednisolone
- ₹46 to ₹1399Pfizer Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹94Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹159Pfizer Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹1200Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹89Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹415Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹91Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹1127Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹1035Gland Pharma Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹89Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Methylprednisolone
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dose is decreased or tapered over time.
- Most side effects occur with high doses and on long-term use.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Methylprednisolone
Q. Is Methylprednisolone a steroid or an antibiotic drug?
Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid/steroid drug. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Is Methylprednisolone a narcotic or addictive drug?
No. Methylprednisolone is not a narcotic or an addictive drug
Q. Can I take Methylprednisolone if I have high blood pressure?
You can take Methylprednisolone if you have high blood pressure, only when prescribed by your doctor. It is prescribed in such situation when benefit outweighs the risk