Information about Amphotericin B
Amphotericin B Uses
Amphotericin B is used in the treatment of severe fungal infections and kala-azar.
How Amphotericin B works
Amphotericin B is an antifungal medication. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane.
Common side effects of Amphotericin B
Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Chills, Headache, Loss of appetite, Stomach cramp, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Heartburn, Hyperventilation (rapid breathing)
Available Medicine for Amphotericin B
AmbisomeMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
AmpholipBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹1253 to ₹72763 variant(s)
AmphomulBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹1612 to ₹85002 variant(s)
₹2026 to ₹47843 variant(s)
AmphonexBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
AmphotretBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
Amfy VIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AmifyIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AmphotinUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Amphotericin B
- It is usually given as an injection over 1-2 hours under the supervision of a medical professional.
- Amphotericin B can cause rash, chills, headache, and tiredness during initial days of the treatment, but these may fade away with time.
- Your doctor may ask you for regular blood tests to monitor your blood sugar, potassium, magnesium and kidney function.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice pain or blood upon urination, swelling of the face and trouble breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.