food interaction for CRONODOL
alcohol interaction for CRONODOL
pregnancy interaction for CRONODOL
lactation interaction for CRONODOL
medicine interaction for CRONODOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CRONODOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CRONODOL
- DEADICT 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 17.04/tabletRs. 170.43pay 438% more per tablet
- RECOPRESS 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Leeford Healthcare LtdRs. 3.33/tabletRs. 20pay 5% more per tablet
- TYFUSIN 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)KC LaboratoriesRs. 6.23/tabletRs. 62.30pay 97% more per tablet
- DISULFIRAM 500MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.83/tabletRs. 7.34save 42% more per tablet
- ALCONOL 500MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 2.53/tabletRs. 10.12save 20% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CRONODOL
- Do not consume alcohol during the treatment and for up to 14 days after discontinuation.
- Disulfiram may cause drowsiness or tiredness. Do not drive or operate machinery if you are affected.
- Avoid taking disulfiram if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or you are breast feeding.
- Before you take disulfiram inform your doctor about all the prescription, non-prescription, and herbal medicines you are or were taking.
- Patients who are receiving or have recently received, alcohol, or alcohol-containing preparations, such as cough syrups, tonics and the like, should not take disulfiram, If you drink alcohol during or within 2 weeks of stopping disulfiram a serious and potentially life threatening reaction may occur along with severe symptoms such as flushing of the face and neck, increased body temperature, sweating, urge to vomit (nausea) vomiting, itchy skin or rash caused by an allergic reaction (pruritus, urticaria) anxiety, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, palpitations, rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, abnormally slow breathing, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, coma or fits may occur.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you suddenly experience any of these symptoms after stopping the treatment with disulfiram.
Frequently asked questions FOR CRONODOL
Q. Is disulfiram safe/dangerous?
Yes, disulfiram is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration in a hospital or specialized clinic as advised by your special doctor
Q. Is disulfiram over-the-counter medicine?
No, disulfiram is not an over-the-counter medicine. Disulfiram treatment for alcohol withdrawal should be initiated only in a hospital or specialized clinic and by experienced doctors only. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is disulfiram a sulfa drug?
No, disulfiram is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is disulfiram a benzodiazepine?
No, disulfiram is not benzodiazepine
Q. Is disulfiram a competitive inhibitor?
Disulfiram is an aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor. It works by blocking the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling leading to alcohol withdrawal
Q. Is disulfiram a controlled drug?
No, disulfiram is not a controlled drug
Q. Is disulfiram addictive?
No, disulfiram is not addictive. It is used to treat alcohol addiction and chronic alcoholism
Q. Is disulfiram expensive?
Disulfiram prices may vary depending on the brand. Refer to the packaging for the price
Q. Does disulfiram work?
Yes, disulfiram works. Disulfiram is an aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor. It works by blocking the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling leading to alcohol withdrawal
Q. Does disulfiram work for everyone?
Disulfiram works for chronic alcoholics who are cooperative and willing to give up alcoholism. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does disulfiram stops cravings?
Disulfiram blocks the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling due to these unpleasant episodes, alcoholics abstain from alcohol Therefore, patients may avoid consuming alcohol to avoid unpleasant reactions upon consuming alcohol even days after stopping disulfiram. It may not have any direct effects on cravings
Q. Does disulfiram work immediately?
Yes, disulfiram works on alcohol withdrawal as soon as you start the treatment
Q. What does disulfiram like reaction mean?
Disulfiram-alcohol reaction characterized by flushing, increased body temperature, sweating, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, itching of skin (pruritus), pale red, raised, itchy skin rash (urticaria), anxiety, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, breathlessness (dyspnea), rapid heartbeat (palpitations) and hyperventilation.