Information about Disulfiram
Disulfiram is used in the treatment of alcohol addiction.
How Disulfiram works
Disulfiram blocks the chemical which breaks the converted form of alcohol in the body. This leads to an increased level of converted form of alcohol in the body causing bad physical features while drinking alcohol.
Common side effects of Disulfiram
Headache, Metallic taste, Fatigue, Drowsiness
Available Medicine for Disulfiram
DizoneOzone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹702 variant(s)
EsperalTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
DisulfiramIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
RecopressLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹35 to ₹502 variant(s)
DeadictPsychotropics India Ltd
₹40 to ₹1702 variant(s)
FiramTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
CronodolSyncom Formulations I Limited
₹58 to ₹622 variant(s)
AlconolInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
ChronolKolson India Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Disulfiram
- Disulfiram is used together with behavior modification, psychotherapy, and counseling support to help you stop drinking.
- It works best for patients who can achieve initial abstinence of at least 12 hours, are committed to maintaining abstinence, and agree to take the medication.
- While taking this medication, avoid alcohol in all forms including beer, wine, aftershave lotions, mouthwash, vinegar, certain desserts, colognes, and liquid medications.
- When you first start taking it, you may feel dizzy, confused, tired, and weak. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- You may notice an aftertaste of either garlic or metal when you start taking Disulfiram. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease, liver or kidney disease, psychiatric problems, diabetes, or if you're allergic to latex rubber or pesticides.
- Do not take it if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding.