Information about Metronidazole
Metronidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
How Metronidazole works
Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Common side effects of Metronidazole
Nausea, Vomiting, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Agitation, Back pain, Blindness, Blurred vision, Altered speech pattern, Confusion, Decreased vision, Depression, Dizziness, Impaired coordination, Seizure, Slurred speech
Available Medicine for Metronidazole
₹12 to ₹555 variant(s)
₹4 to ₹1999527 variant(s)
MetrisClaris Lifesciences Ltd
MetrogisSurya Pharmaceutical Ltd
AristogylAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹4 to ₹153 variant(s)
MetroMakers Laboratories Ltd
₹12 to ₹635 variant(s)
MetgylJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹46 to ₹752 variant(s)
TopmetroTetramed Biotek Pvt Ltd
MetrodacCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
IveomezoledFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Metronidazole
- Metronidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Metronidazole used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.