food interaction for COMCORT
alcohol interaction for COMCORT
pregnancy interaction for COMCORT
lactation interaction for COMCORT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COMCORT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COMCORT
- KENACORT 40 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 109.30/ML of injectionRs. 109.30pay 66% more per ML of injection
- TRICORT 40 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 98/ML of injectionRs. 98pay 48% more per ML of injection
- D CORT 40MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)DWD Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 84.70/ML of injectionRs. 84.70pay 28% more per ML of injection
- ACORT 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Gujarat Terce Laboratories LtdRs. 36/ML of injectionRs. 72save 45% more per ML of injection
- TRILON 40MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 60/ML of injectionRs. 60save 9% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Pooja AggarwalMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
Expert advice for COMCORT
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while you are taking triamcinolone. Vaccines may not work as well while you are taking a steroid
- Do not stop using triamcinolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not take the medicine If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for COMCORT
Q.Is triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It is a steroid
Q.Is triamcinolone available or sold over the counter?
No. Triamcinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is Triamcinolone the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/ Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are names of triamcinolone available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q.Is Triamcinolone safe?
Yes. Triamcinolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.What is Kemakort and what is it used for?
Kemakort is the brand name of triamcinolone. It is used to treat various skin, throat, eye, blood and bone infections, asthma and certain types of cancer
Q.Is triamcinolone safe for babies?
No. Triamcinolone is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q.Does triamcinolone cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triamcinolone is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.