Information about Triamcinolone
How triamcinolone works
Triamcinolone belongs to a category of drugs called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the production of substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies..
Common side effects of triamcinolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Triamcinolone
- ₹42 to ₹107Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹103DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹88Comed Chemicals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹238Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹35Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹51Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹72Gujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Triamcinolone
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dose is decreased or tapered over time.
- Most side effects occur with high doses and on long-term use.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone
Q. Is Triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It is a steroid.
Q. Is Triamcinolone available or sold over the counter?
No. Triamcinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter.
Q. Is Triamcinolone safe?
Yes. Triamcinolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.