Information about Triamcinolone
Triamcinolone is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, severe allergic reaction and rheumatic disorder.
How triamcinolone works
Triamcinolone belongs to a category of drugs called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the production of substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies..
Common side effects of triamcinolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Triamcinolone
- ₹38 to ₹98Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹85DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹66Comed Chemicals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹219Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹32Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹112NuLife Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Triamcinolone
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while you are taking triamcinolone. Vaccines may not work as well while you are taking a steroid
- Do not stop using triamcinolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not take the medicine If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone
Q. Is triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It is a steroid
Q. Is triamcinolone available or sold over the counter?
No. Triamcinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is Triamcinolone the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/ Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are names of triamcinolone available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Triamcinolone safe?
Yes. Triamcinolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. What is Kemakort and what is it used for?
Kemakort is the brand name of triamcinolone. It is used to treat various skin, throat, eye, blood and bone infections, asthma and certain types of cancer
Q. Is triamcinolone safe for babies?
No. Triamcinolone is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does triamcinolone cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triamcinolone is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.