food interaction for CLOVET
alcohol interaction for CLOVET
pregnancy interaction for CLOVET
lactation interaction for CLOVET
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLOVET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CLOVET
- LUPICLOR 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 4.15/tabletRs. 41.50pay 19% more per tablet
- THIAKLOR 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.25/tabletRs. 42.50pay 21% more per tablet
- THALORIC 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 3.40/tabletRs. 34save 3% more per tablet
- ZIONE 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 3.85/tabletRs. 38.45pay 10% more per tablet
- KLORZID 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.37/tabletRs. 33.68save 4% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CLOVET
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of chlorthalidone.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.
- Do not take chlorthalidone and potassium salt or a potassium-sparing diuretic, if you are taking ACE inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions for CLOVET
Q.What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q.Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q.Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.