food interaction for CLOMISTAR
alcohol interaction for CLOMISTAR
pregnancy interaction for CLOMISTAR
lactation interaction for CLOMISTAR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLOMISTAR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CLOMISTAR
- CLONIL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.90/tabletRs. 109pay 21% more per tablet
- CLOFRANIL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.45/tabletRs. 94.50pay 5% more per tablet
- CLOMILENT 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 8.30/tabletRs. 83save 8% more per tablet
- CLOMIDEP 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Triko PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.20/tabletRs. 82save 9% more per tablet
- ZENIL 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zenith Healthcare LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for CLOMISTAR
- Do not start or continue clomipramine tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to tricyclic antidepressants, clomipramine or any of the other ingredients of clomipramine medication.
- Do not take clomipramine if you have history of suicide-related events.
- Avoid using clomipramine if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Advice care givers to monitor the patient carefully.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: heart disorders, serotonin syndrome, fits (convulsions), increased pressure inside the eye causing visual problems (narrow angle glaucoma), urinary retention, liver disease, and chronic constipation.
Frequently asked questions for CLOMISTAR
Q.Is clomipramine safe?
Clomipramine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is clomipramine a MAOI/anticholinergic/benzodiazepine/SSRI/narcotic?
Clomipramine is tricyclic antidepressant. It treats depression through inhibiting the neuronal re-uptake of chemical substances present in the brain called noradrenaline and mainly serotonin (SSRI). It is not MAOI/anticholinergic/benzodiazepine/narcotic
Q.Is clomipramine a controlled substance?
No, it is not a controlled substance
Q.Is clomipramine addictive?
Clomipramine is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take paracetamol/diazepam/5htp with clomipramine?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of clomipramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does clomipramine cause weight loss/weight gain/make you sleepy/cause constipation/affect fertility?
Clomipramine may cause these side effects; effect on fertility is very rare side effect. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does clomipramine help premature ejaculation?
Clomipramine effectively increases ejaculatory latency in men with primary premature ejaculation, while treatment is not effective in those with premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
Q.Does clomipramine work for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Yes, clomipramine is used for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.