food interaction for CITOLA
alcohol interaction for CITOLA
pregnancy interaction for CITOLA
lactation interaction for CITOLA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CITOLA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CITOLA
- CITOPAM 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.80/tabletRs. 88pay 31% more per tablet
- CITALIN 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 11.38/tabletRs. 113.75pay 70% more per tablet
- CITALENT 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 7.20/tabletRs. 72pay 7% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 7.14/tabletRs. 71.43pay 7% more per tablet
- VOCITA 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.97/tabletRs. 59.71save 11% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CITOLA
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Citalopram, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Citalopram.
- The most common side effect seen with Citalopram is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Citalopram should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently asked questions for CITOLA
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.