food interaction for CITA
alcohol interaction for CITA
pregnancy interaction for CITA
lactation interaction for CITA
medicine interaction for CITA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CITA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CITA
- CITOLA 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 10.70/tabletRs. 107save 7% more per tablet
- VOCITA 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.14/tabletRs. 101.45save 12% more per tablet
- ZETALO 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105save 9% more per tablet
- CELICA 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.30/tabletRs. 103save 10% more per tablet
- CITALENT 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98save 15% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CITA
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Citalopram, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Citalopram.
- The most common side effect seen with Citalopram is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Citalopram should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently asked questions FOR CITA
Q. What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q. Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q. Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.