food interaction for CITA
alcohol interaction for CITA
pregnancy interaction for CITA
lactation interaction for CITA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CITA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CITA
- CITALIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 7.40/tabletRs. 74pay 118% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70pay 106% more per tablet
- CITARA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 35.50pay 4% more per tablet
- C PRAM 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 28.35save 17% more per tablet
- CITALENT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 15% more per tablet
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for CITA
- Do not use an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) with citalopram as this may cause bruising or bleeding.
- Continue to regularly report any new or worsening symptoms such as mood or behaviour changes, anxiety, panic attacks or even thoughts about suicide while you are using citalopram.
- You may experience increased anxiety/depression in the beginning of citalopram treatment, which will disappear during continued treatment.
- Do not stop using citalopram suddenly unless directed, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking citalopram.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using citalopram as it may cause sleepiness or dizziness and may impair your thinking or reactions.
Frequently asked questions for CITA
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.