Substitutes for Barbee Tablet
Phenotone 60mg Tablet
Phenobarb 60mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Epitan 60mg Tablet
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Gardenal 60mg Tablet
Abbott India Ltd
Emgard 60mg Tablet
Medicine Overview of Barbee Tablet
Uses of Barbee Tablet
Barbee 60mg Tablet is used in epilepsy.
Side effects of Barbee Tablet
Drowsiness, Skin rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Vertigo, Diarrhoea.
How to use Barbee Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Barbee 60mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Barbee Tablet works
Barbee 60mg tablet controls seizures or fits by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Barbee Tablet
Expert advice for Barbee Tablet
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you are allergic to phenobarbitone or any of the other ingredient of the tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney disease; temporary or chronic pain; mental depression or illness; disorders of pituitary gland or adrenal gland (e.g. pheochromocytoma); breathing problems; or porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid taking phenobarbitone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenobarbitone as it may cause drowsiness.
Special precautions for Barbee 60mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Barbee 60mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Barbee 60mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactat+more
ion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Barbee 60mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Barbee+more
60mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Fixtral 100mg Capsule, Zuviflu Prefilled Syringe
Frequently asked questions for Barbee 60mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Phenobarbitone
Barbee is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients and is also used to relieve anxiety. It may also be used as a sedative for patients about to undergo surgery; to treat people who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from addiction to other seizure medication or who are going to stop medication
Barbee sodium is one of the salt forms of Barbee and is used for the same indications
Barbee belongs to barbiturates. It acts by slowing down the activity of the brai
Q. Is it an enzyme inducer?
It is an enzyme inducer
Barbee is a controlled drug
Barbee is available as tablet and syrup form for use.