Information about Aprepitant
Aprepitant is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. It is used in combination with other medicines.
How aprepitant works
Aprepitant is an antiemetic medication. It blocks the action of a chemical messenger in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during treatment with anti-cancer medicines.
Common side effects of aprepitant
Constipation, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Indigestion, Headache, Decreased appetite, Hiccup, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Aprepitant
- ₹1001 to ₹1899Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1177Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹1300Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1320Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1548 to ₹2430Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1188Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹852 to ₹2310Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1300Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1400Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1000Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aprepitant
- Your doctor has prescribed Aprepitant in combination with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain chemotherapy medicines.
- Aprepitant will not help if you already have nausea and vomiting.
- Do not use it continuously for a long time.
- It is recommended to take Aprepitant 1 hour before chemotherapy treatment (Day 1) and in the morning on Days 2 and 3.
- Aprepitant may damage sperms and may harm the baby if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Aprepitant
Q. What are Aprepitant capsules/ what is Aprepitant used for?
Aprepitant is used in adults in combination with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) or in some cases after a surgery
Q. How does Aprepitant work?
Aprepitant is an antiemetic that works by blocking the action of neurokinin, a natural substance in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.