Information about Aprepitant
Aprepitant is used to prevent nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy.
How Aprepitant works
Aprepitant is an antiemetic medication. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (neurokinin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti-cancer treatment (chemotherapy).
Common side effects of Aprepitant
Headache, Dizziness, Hiccup, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Constipation
Available Medicine for Aprepitant
AprecapGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1001 to ₹18992 variant(s)
ApreteroHetero Drugs Ltd
EmpovDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
ApreliefSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
AprisetAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹1548 to ₹24302 variant(s)
AprepepIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ApriferPharmafer Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Aprepitant
- Aprepitant helps prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain chemotherapy medicines.
- It will not help if you already have nausea and vomiting.
- Do not use it continuously for a long time.
- It is recommended to take Aprepitant 1 hour before chemotherapy treatment (Day 1) and in the morning on Days 2 and 3.
- It may damage sperms and may harm the baby if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.