Information about Aprepitant
Aprepitant is used to prevent nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy.
How aprepitant works
Aprepitant is an antiemetic medication. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (neurokinin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti-cancer treatment (chemotherapy).
Common side effects of aprepitant
Headache, Dizziness, Hiccup, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Constipation
Available Medicine for Aprepitant
- ₹1001 to ₹1899Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1300Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1300Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1320Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1177Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹1548 to ₹2430Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1188Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1300Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1000Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1400Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aprepitant
- Aprepitant helps prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain chemotherapy medicines.
- It will not help if you already have nausea and vomiting.
- Do not use it continuously for a long time.
- It is recommended to take Aprepitant 1 hour before chemotherapy treatment (Day 1) and in the morning on Days 2 and 3.
- It may damage sperms and may harm the baby if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Aprepitant
Q. What are Aprepitant capsules/ what is Aprepitant used for?
Aprepitant is used in adults in combination with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) or in some cases after a surgery
Q. How does Aprepitant work?
Aprepitant is an antiemetic that works by blocking the action of neurokinin, a natural substance in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.