food interaction for BARBEE
alcohol interaction for BARBEE
pregnancy interaction for BARBEE
lactation interaction for BARBEE
Avoid Barbee 30mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BARBEE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BARBEE
- GARDENAL 30 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.18/tabletRs. 35.28pay 88% more per tablet
- EMGARD 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medo PharmaRs. 1.03/tabletRs. 10.35pay 66% more per tablet
- PHENOBARB 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.74/tabletRs. 7.38pay 18% more per tablet
- EPITAN 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 0.98/tabletRs. 9.77pay 56% more per tablet
- LUMINAL 30 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.40/tabletRs. 4.02save 36% more per tablet
- Dr. Susant Kumar BhuyanMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sunil SinglaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajnish KumarMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for BARBEE
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you are allergic to phenobarbitone or any of the other ingredient of the tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney disease; temporary or chronic pain; mental depression or illness; disorders of pituitary gland or adrenal gland (e.g. pheochromocytoma); breathing problems; or porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid taking phenobarbitone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenobarbitone as it may cause drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for BARBEE
Q.What is phenobarbitone used for?
Phenobarbitone is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients and is also used to relieve anxiety. It may also be used as a sedative for patients about to undergo surgery; to treat people who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from addiction to other seizure medication or who are going to stop medication
Q.What is phenobarbitone sodium?
Phenobarbitone sodium is one of the salt forms of phenobarbitone and is used for the same indications
Q.How does phenobarbitone work?
Phenobarbitone belongs to barbiturates. It acts by slowing down the activity of the brai
Q.Is it an enzyme inducer?
It is an enzyme inducer
Q.Is phenobarbitone a controlled drug?
Phenobarbitone is a controlled drug
Q.What is phenobarbitone syrup?
Phenobarbitone is available as tablet and syrup form for use.