Medicine Overview of Azrol Inhaler
Side effects of Azrol Inhaler
Rash, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Decreased potassium level in blood, Nervousness, Oropharyngeal pain, Diarrhoea, Muscle cramp, Tachycardia, Tremor, Nasopharyngitis, Cough.
How to use Azrol Inhaler
Check the label for directions before use. Shake the inhaler. While you are breathing in from mouth, press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication and hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat until you have inhaled the number of puffs as suggested by the doctor.Afterwards, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out.
How Azrol Inhaler works
The Azrol 25mcg inhaler works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Azrol Inhaler
Expert advice for Azrol Inhaler
- Do not inhale a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- Do not use salmeterol during an attack of asthma or COPD. Your doctor will prescribe a short-acting inhaler to use during attacks.Do not stop using salmeterol without talking to your doctor.
- If you suddenly stop using salmeterol, your symptoms may worsen.
- Do not take salmeterol, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salmeterol, Always activate and use the inhaler device in a level, horizontal position. Do not try to use a spacer device with salmeterol.
- To prepare the device for use, open the protective foil pouch and remove the inhaler device. Hold the device in one hand. Use the thumb of the opposite hand to push the thumb grip as far away from you as it will go. The mouthpiece will appear and snap into position.
- Hold the device in a level, flat position with the mouthpiece toward you. Use your thumb to slide the lever away from you as far as it will go. You should hear a click. The device is now ready for use.
- Do not close or tilt the device, play with the lever, or move the lever more than once. You may accidentally release or waste a dose.
Special precautions for Azrol 25mcg Inhaler
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Azrol 25mcg Inhaler may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Azrol 25mcg Inhaler should be used with caution during lacta+more
tion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Azrol 25mcg Inhaler alters the abili+more
ty to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Azrol 25mcg Inhaler is safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Azrol 25mcg Inhaler is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Azrol 25mcg Inhaler
Frequently asked questions for Salmeterol
Azrol belongs to a class of medications called long-acting beta agonists (LABAs). It works by relaxing and opening air passages in the lungs, making it easier to breathe. It is not a steroid; however it is available in combination with steroids as an inhaler. It is not a beta blocker
Q. Is salmeterol the same as albuterol/ salbutamol/ Ventolin /Advair/ Seretride/ Esiflo 250?
Salmeterol (also available as Seretride, Esiflo 250) is different from salbutamol (also known as albuterol, Ventolin). Advair is brand name for salmeterol and fluticasone combination
Azrol will not work quickly enough to relieve an asthma attack that has already started; it is used for prevention of asthma attack. Your doctor may prescribe another inhaler (a shorter-acting bronchodilator), if you get an attack
Azrol is licensed for the treatment of COPD
Q. Does Seretide stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salmeterol (Seretide) is not known to cause stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain. However, if you experience such side effects please consult your doctor.