Information about Ketoconazole
Ketoconazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How ketoconazole works
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medication. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of ketoconazole
Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Headache, Liver function abnormal
Available Medicine for Ketoconazole
- ₹160 to ₹560Ipca Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹164 to ₹347Janssen Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹950Ban Labs71 variant(s)
- ₹216Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹360Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹175 to ₹237Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹292Palsons Derma2 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹199KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹316Galderma India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹201Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoconazole
- Your doctor has prescribed Ketoconazole to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Ketoconazole.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you experience an allergic reaction like skin rash, swelling of face and shortness of breath.
Frequently asked questions for Ketoconazole
Q. Can Ketoconazole prevent hair loss?
No, Ketoconazole does not prevent hair loss.