food interaction for ASTHARID T
alcohol interaction for ASTHARID T
pregnancy interaction for ASTHARID T
lactation interaction for ASTHARID T
medicine interaction for ASTHARID T
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ASTHARID T
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ASTHARID TNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ASTHARID T
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid smoking and smoke prone places.
- Do not use terbutaline if you are allergic to terbutaline or to other drugs such as epinephrine, albuterol.
- Consult your doctor before taking terbutaline if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ASTHARID T
Q. Is terbutaline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ a catecholamine/ a narcotic/ cough syrup?
Terbutaline (also available as Bricanyl, Brozedex and in combination as Asthakind) belongs to a class of medications called beta agonists. It is used to prevent and treat wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. It is not a corticosteroid, catecholamine or a narcotic
Q. Is terbutaline FDA approved/ available over the counter?
Terbutaline is FDA approved drug and available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q. Is Bricanyl the same as Ventolin/ better than Ventolin?
Terbutaline (Bricanyl) and salbutamol (Ventolin) belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is Bricanyl a preventer or reliever?
Terbutaline (Bricanyl) is a reliever inhaler, as it relieves asthma attack
Q. Does terbutaline cause autism/ cause diarrhea/ cause hyperglycemia/ cause respiratory depression/ make you tired/ cause weight gain/ make you fat/ raise blood pressure?
Terbutaline may cause hyperglycemia and increased heart rate. It is not known to cause other side effects mentioned. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of the side effects when taking terbutaline.